- Silk&Steel is a New Zealand jewellery brand that celebrates relaxed luxury. With a mix of traditional elements and the pairing of opposites, Silk&Steel creates instantly wearable, contemporary pieces to style and layer with confidence. Sarah’s unique and unconventional approach to designs have lead to a diverse celebrity following, including Ellie Goulding, Gin Wigmore, Hollie Smith and Rachel Hunter. Her iconic couture designs, vibrant gemstones, and edgy-luxe statement pieces have made Silk&Steel the success it is today. Since our debut in 2010, Silk&Steel has been stocked by global luxury retailer Jewel Street and can be purchased in high-end stores around New Zealand, including Smith & Caughey’s, Yvonne Bennetti and Storm. In addition to our main collections, Silk&Steel has collaborated with well-known fashion designers Turet Kneufferman, Trelise Cooper and continues works alongside Yvonne Bennetti and Storm to create bespoke pieces for their stores. Sarah also creates commissioned pieces for discerning customers and her designs are regularly seen on the runway.
- ▼ ABOUT THE FOUNDER
- Founder and Creative Director, Sarah Cotterall, grew up surrounded by arts and culture in London England and spent summers with her Italian family in Tuscany, Italy, where her desire for jewellery and passion for contemporary design took hold. After completing art school in London she then graduated in International Marketing, before moving to New Zealand with her Kiwi husband. Sarah immersed herself in the jewellery world in 2009 and deciding to go it alone, creating unconventional bespoke pieces from her studio in Auckland. As the business has grown, her studio in Coatesville is at the centre of the design process, where she and her team develop all of the collections. Production takes place in both New Zealand and, for her fine jewellery collections in Jaipur, India, where every stone is hand cut and faceted to specification. Sarah believes in quality, individuality and creating timeless contemporary jewellery. Her design focus is to allow her wearers to confidently curate and style pieces with versatility. She wants her jewellery to be worn everyday, from day to night, to create stories and emphasis the style of the wearer. With up to six collections a year new items are always being released, however the pieces are limited edition or one-off which ensures exclusivity and uniqueness. We are committed to the ethical sourcing of our products and work closely with suppliers to ensure that they adhere to our standard of conduct.
- ▼ BUSINESS
- We are a wholesale business with stockists of our ranges currently nationwide in New Zealand. We also sell direct online internationally via our ecommerce website.
My bespoke couture line with decreeing buyers is on a one on one basis. Here I design pieces for special events, run way shows, collaborations with other designers and personal clients.
- ▼CUSTOMER SERVICE
- I care and value all of our customers. Always here to help…every customer is important. Want to make each and every experience a positive and memorable one. Silk&Steel loves offering our customers quality across all areas of our brand. We always care about the detail…and it’s how I personally like to be treated. Customers are our priority.
- ▼ RELATIONSHIPS
- I love hearing from our customers and it gives me great pleasure knowing who is wearing my designs and how they are enjoying them…Customers inspire me all the time.